I attended Skyview High in Soldotna, Alaska. Also, my dream job would be teaching at Skyview.
While looking at Skyview's web page I noticed a few things. First of all the web page has taken great strides since I attended Skyview. Before the website merely had the contact information, calender, and a list of faculty members. Now the website has links to specific classes. These class links have the syllabus uploaded on them as well as class grades. Also the website now has links to sports, an alumni website, clubs, etc.. The second thing I noticed about the site is that it still needs a lot of work. Although, it has gotten better over the years it is definitely not keeping up with the technological times we live in. The links are unorganized. Many teachers are not taking full advantage of the site. Many links take you to pages that have nothing on them. Also the site looks boring right off the bat; it is plain and white with a little purple. I do like that the website now has a place for students to log in and see all of their classes, but it still needs a lot more work. I would like to see links across the top that have all the other links organized under, instead of them being in a random list on the side. There should be a calender tab right at the top of the page. All of the teachers should use the website more. The links need to be developed to mean something. There are just so many things missing from this website that I couldn't possibly list them all. The list goes on and on.
Hopefully if or when I teach I Skyview I can help inspire a better website, or if they school will not develop the website more I can at least have a website of my own for my own classes to look at and use.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment